Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week 2



This is what my kitchen looked like after it was emptied out.  Our dishwasher died on Christmas Eve of 2010.  Most of the minimal counter space was used for drying dishes.  I would show you the picture of what it usually looked like but I'd have to kill you and that's not nice.

Anyway, notice the drop ceilings and florescent lights.  The lovely plastic parquet floor tiles (they're self stick!), the wall paper (peach and turquoise), cabinets that have lost most of their shelves and drawers that are falling apart.  What you can't see are the beautiful backsplash tiles.  I had to immortalize these things for posterity.  Are you ready?

I believe they are monarch butterflies.  They are definitely unattractive. 

Here's what it looks like now.

Yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment