Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Miscellaneous Things

So much has been going on that it's hard to keep track.  They turned the island around this morning, which will be lovely and the granite template people were there too so I should have countertops by the end of next week.  Yippee!!  In the mean time, I'm still cooking in the basement.  Because the pipes are so low that I have to tilt my head all the time, I actually went to an acupressurist to try to get my neck feeling better.  It worked great for about 2 weeks but now I'm back in the same boat.  Not sure if I should go again or if I should just tough it out and hope for the best.  Who knows. 

Also, over the course of this basement banishment, I have managed to fry yet another power strip.  We had a couple of the same ones and both of them died untimely deaths within a couple of days of purchasing.  Home Depot was very understanding.  We finally bought a big yellow one and it's held up fairly well even though I set it off all the time.  See, you can't make a cup of hot water in the microwave at the same time that the coffee is brewing.  Once it's done brewing, the microwave is ok to use but not at the same time.  It's like a game of russian roulette, plugging and unplugging things in order to make sure the power stays on.  It's not really fun anymore.

All of my appliances were delivered on Friday.  All except the refrigerator.  It seems that when they were loading it onto the truck, they found that it had an oil spot on the bottom of the box and when they opened the box there was a hole in a spot where a hole should not be so they had to reorder it.  Not sure when it will arrive but I'll call them one of these days.

Over all, I'm really happy with the progress these days.  Yesterday my dh and I were talking about how it is going to be really, really nice when it's done.  Having lived with the ugly for so very long, I really can't wait to get in there.  I'm never going to leave the room. 

This is what it looks like (without the lights on...I forgot) as you walk from the dining room into the kitchen.  First area on the left is the pantry, and on the right is the powder room.




No comments:

Post a Comment