Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 11...What's Happening?

The answer to that would be not much.  Actually, all of the window and door trim has been put up and when I got home today, the tile in the bathroom and the laundry room is laid but not grouted.

Above is the laundry room tile.  Note that we are missing 9 pieces of tile.  Apparently we needed more than the contractor told me.  And I asked twice.  Whatever.  He got the powder room amount correct.  It's below:
I love it.   My 13 year old does not but that's fine.

We have really elaborate baseboards and trim above all of the windows and doors.  I'm sure it's not cheap to duplicate but it really looks nice.  This is what the current looks like:
This is what the new version looks like.  It's not all painted yet.
It's really as close to a perfect match as you can get.  I'm really happy with it.  I think when it's painted you won't even be able to tell the difference between old and new.

The cabinets are coming on Monday.  That's going to be really exciting to see when they get installed.  I've been trying to choose cabinet hardware and that's another paralyzing nightmare.  The ones that I really liked would have cost $950 so I found plan B at around $250.  Much better.

This is what I liked:

It's a terrible picture and they are $12 each.  Not happening.  I need 56 of them.  Yes, 56.  It's a lot.

Instead, I'm going with this:

This one is $5.18 each.  I found even cheaper ones that were similar at overstock.com but I really like the details on this one so I'm going with it.  It's about $250 for everything and free shipping.

Also, I think I mentioned the fact that my lighting was taking forever to be shipped. I ordered it on 3/21 and they promised 2-3 weeks to ship.  I got an email last week saying the ship date wouldn't be until  April 30th so it was going to be more like 6 or 7 weeks.  Definitely not making me happy.  Anyway, I got the shipping notification today I can't wait for that to get here and be done with it.  My third floor is completely full of stuff that needs to be installed someday.

More as things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment