Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What happened to the zen?

Well, it was nice while it lasted.  My cabinets were supposed to be delivered today at around 11.  The truck arrived at 2 which means that my kitchen designer sat outside my house for 3 hours since I'm at work.  It gets even better.  When the truck arrived, it had 6 cabinets on it.  If I need 56 cabinet pulls, I think I'm missing a heck of a lot of cabinets.  Apparently they don't have the doors on either.  I haven't yet gotten a chance to talk to the guy who is making them but I can't imagine it will be a pleasant conversation.  Apparently more are coming tomorrow and Friday but honestly this is holding up everything because they can't install them until they get here and that pushes the counter top template guys even further back.  It's very distressing and while I might like to scream and yell, it really won't do any good.  I just hope I like them when I see them.

On top of all of this, my cabinet hardware is backordered 7 to 10 additional days and the tile I want for my backsplash might not be available until mid May but who knows if I will have cabinets by then or not anyway.

I need this whole thing to be done.  It's been 11 full weeks and I am really done.  My house is a mess, there is furniture smooshed everywhere and I find it really hard to relax with all of the clutter all over the place.  I really just want to put things in their place and get back to some sense of normalcy.

Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment