Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What's Sid been doing?

Sid has been scratching floors, barking at things that aren't a threat and staring off into space in a disconcerting manner.  He's insane and not in a good way.  In the beginning of February Sid developed separation anxiety.  Every time I would leave to take a kid to school or go to work, he would park himself in front of the door and growl and bark and snap at me if I wouldn't take him with me.  Hospitals as a rule do not like dogs so he has to stay home.  It got so bad that I was starting to get scared of him, which really doesn't help but he grabbed me with his teeth and it was frightening.  I took him to the vet and she suggested we try Prozac.  It's been three months and he was doing ok and then it started up again.  I don't know what to do with him.  He needs to live with someone who is home all the time, has a one story house with no slippery floors and isn't bothered by a dog that walks backwards frequently.  I'll keep looking for this person or if you perhaps know someone who fits that description, please contact me.  I'm not sure I'll make it for another 5 or 6 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment