Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Things to buy

I spent hours at Lowe's on Friday.  Why?  Because I needed tile and faucets and a garbage disposal and a hot water dispenser.  Oh, and some lights.

I chose a slate tile for the laundry room but of course after I carried 5 boxes of it to the car and brought it home I decided that it didn't really look like the display sample they had grouted.  It was far too bumpy so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.  If I don't, I'm making Frank come with me to return it.  The boxes weigh a ton. I ended up buying the hexagon tiles for the powder room so that will be pretty. 

I also had to buy a new ceiling fan because the other one is so hideously ugly it can't be in the lovely room anymore.  And that's saying something because the one in my golden yellow bedroom is pink.  Dusty rose to be exact (it used to match the dusty rose carpet and ugly rose wallpaper...all of which are gone).  Someday I'll replace that one too.  I also got a new outside light for the back door.  Nothing fancy but nice.

Someday I'll post a run down on how ugly my house was when we moved in.  Dark green carpet, drop ceilings all throughout the downstairs and really ugly wall paper everywhere.  I mean every single room.  But that's a post for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment